|70.1 cubic feet||Max Cargo Space||68.3 cubic feet|
|10-inch display plus 5-inch display||Touchscreen||8.4-inch display|
If you need a capable SUV that’s just as ready for a big adventure as you, then you may have narrowed your list to the Jeep or Range Rover. And between the Range Rover vs. Jeep, you’ll find two rugged and ready SUVs that excel in both on- and off-road terrain. So, which is your best bet for your South Brunswick travels ahead? Let’s compare the two head-to-head to see.
Jeep or Range Rover: Overview
While you can choose either the Range Rover or Jeep for tough performance, the Land Rover is unique in its combination of durability and luxury. Within the Land Rover lineup is the four-member Range Rover family, starting at $43,300 MSRP* with the new 2021 Range Rover Evoque and going up to a starting price of $92,000 MSRP* for the flagship new 2021 Range Rover model:
- 2021 Range Rover Evoque – 5 seats / 50.5 cubic feet cargo space / 246 hp / 27 hwy mpg**
- 2021 Range Rover Velar – 5 seats / 62.70 cubic feet cargo space / 247 hp / 26 hwy mpg**
- 2022 Range Rover Sport – 5-7 seats / 63.7 cubic feet cargo space / 355 hp / 28 hwy mpg**
- 2022 Range Rover – 5 seats / 70.9 cubic feet cubic feet cargo space / 355 hp / 23 hwy mpg**
While the Range Rover offers higher-priced luxury, the Jeep lineup is much more affordable. It starts with the Jeep Renegade at $22,850 and ends with the Jeep Wrangler 4xe, which starts at $49,805 MSRP. Excluding the new Jeep Gladiator truck, here is a brief overview of the Jeep SUVs:
- 2021 Jeep Compass – 5 seats / 59.8 cubic feet cargo space / standard 180 hp / 31 mpg**
- 2021 Jeep Renegade – 5 seats / 50.8 cubic feet cargo space / 180 hp / 30 hwy mpg**
- 2021 Jeep Cherokee – 5 seats / 54.7 cubic feet cargo space / 180 hp / 31 hwy mpg**
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler – 4 seats / 31.7 cubic feet cargo space / 285 hp / 25 hwy mpg**
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee – 5 seats / 68.3 cubic feet cargo space / 293 hp / hwy 26 mpg**
Jeep or Range Rover: Off-Road Capabilities
Range Rover Off-Road Features
- Range Rover Towing: The Range Rover and Sport both offer up to 7,716 pounds towing capacity with features like Advanced Tow Assist, Trailer Stability Assist, and Rear Height Adjust.
- ClearSight Ground View: This luxury safety feature provides the ability to virtually “see-through” the hood to the ground ahead through your touch screen – especially handy on steep inclines.
- Terrain Response® 2: The Range Rover offers seven different driving modes: Dynamic, Eco, Comfort, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud and Ruts, Sand, and Rock Crawl.
- All-Terrain Progress Control: This feature allows drivers to maintain a steady speed in low-traction conditions at speeds up to 18 mph.
- Active Rear Locking Differential: This system helps to prevent wheel slip by redistributing power to wheels with the most traction.
- Electronic Air Suspension: Whether off-roading on rocky terrain or loading the vehicle with heavy cargo in South Brunswick, this feature allows you to change the vehicle’s height with ease.
Jeep Off-Road Features
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing: The Grand Cherokee has the highest towing capacity in the Jeep SUV lineup with a 7,200-pound towing capacity. A Trailer Sway Control system is also available to smooth out the bumps in the road.
- Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System: The Jeep lineup offers five driving modes: Auto, Sport, Snow, Sand/Mud, or Rock.
- Quadra-Drive II: When needed, the rear electronic limited-slip differential can transfer 100% of the traction to the rear wheels to improve handling immediately.
- Quadra-Lift® Air Suspension System: Like the Electronic Air Suspension system on the Range Rover, the Jeep’s Quadra-Lift® Air Suspension System will raise the vehicle for better accessibility and capabilities.
Jeep or Range Rover: Interior Features
Range Rover Features
As a luxury model lineup, leather upholstery and power-adjustable heated front seats come standard in many Range Rover models. Opt for features like Rear Executive Class Seats, heated and cooled seats, rear-seat entertainment, and others that you won’t find in the Jeep lineup. Additional Range Rover features include:
- InControl® Touch Pro™ Duo 10-inch HD touchscreen with Navigation System
- Satellite Radio, HD Radio, Bluetooth®, and a Wi-Fi hot spot
- Panoramic roof
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control
While less pricey, the Jeep lineup still offers a luxe option on the higher trims for many models – including leather upholstery and heated front seats. Additional Jeep features include:
- 8.4-inch touchscreen with Available Navigation System
- Satellite Radio, Bluetooth® connectivity
- Some models have a sunroof, Wrangler model has a removable top
- Dual-zone Automatic Temperature Control
Find Your New SUV at Land Rover Princeton
While both the Range Rover vs. Jeep deliver rugged performance that can handle any Hopewell terrain, the Range Rover lineup is more powerful and high-tech with luxuries that you have to experience to believe! If you want to get inside the best-selling Range Rover models, feel free to contact us at Land Rover Princeton. Our showroom is ready for you in Princeton, so visit for your test drive.