Most new Land Rover vehicles include a Land Rover key fob, which is a sturdy tool that most South Brunswick drivers find useful. When your instrument panel displays the message, “SMART KEY BATTERY LOW,” it’s time to replace the key fob battery. If you want to know how to replace your Land Rover key fob battery, we have you covered in this guide from the service team at Land Rover Princeton!
How to Replace a Land Rover Key Fob Battery
The Land Rover key fob battery is a CR2032 type battery that’s available at your local South Brunswick or Mount Laurel hardware store, as well as our Princeton parts department. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have trouble locating the Land Rover key fob battery. With your key fob battery in handy, we have your instruction on how to open the Land Rover key fob below:
- Release the Key: To get the Land Rover key fob battery, you have to take the Key Fob apart. Locate the small black button, press down on it, and you’ll release the metal emergency key blade from the plastic box. Other Land Rover keys have a slide-able key that you can remove.
- Open The Key Fob: Learning how to open the Land Rover key fob is simple! Use the key blade itself or a small screwdriver to pry open the black box and find the battery.
- Replace the Land Rover Key Fob Battery: Use small instruments like a screwdriver to take out the battery and replace it with the new one, positive (+) side up. Try not to touch the new battery, as moisture and oil from your fingers can corrode the material, which reduces the battery’s life.
- Put the Key Back Together: Reverse the process above. And now you have a fully operational Land Rover key fob battery replacement! If your display states that a Land Rover key fob battery replacement is still needed, the battery may not be brand new. Reach out to our service center for assistance.
Land Rover Key Care Tips
Your Land Rover smart key is a useful tool that needs proper care to continue running smoothly while safely operating your luxury vehicle. Below are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Heat and Sun Damage: Extreme heat and direct sunlight can damage your Land Rover key fob, so don’t leave it near an open window all day. Dust and humidity also negatively affect your Land Rover key.
- Other Radio Frequencies: Devices like medical equipment also use radio frequencies, which can affect your smart key’s performance.
- Replace All Batteries At Once: It’s essential to replace the batteries on all of your smart keys for your vehicle when your panel displays the “SMART KEY BATTERY LOW” message. If you don’t, this can permanently damage the Land Rover key fob.
Get Trusted Land Rover Service at Land Rover Princeton!
If you need additional assistance learning how to open your Land Rover key fob, or taking care of your Land Rover key fob battery replacement, the service team at Land Rover Princeton can help! Contact our service center to schedule your service appointment.