|New 2022 Land Rover Discovery||vs.||2021 Ford Explorer|
|2.0L P300 i4||Base Engine||2.3L EcoBoost I-4|
|296 hp||Base Horsepower||300 hp|
|6,614 lbs||Base Towing Capacity||5,300 lbs|
|4 years/50,000 miles||Bumper to Bumper Warranty||3-year/36,000 miles|
If you need a three-row luxury SUV that can deliver both off-road capability and an elite driving experience around South Brunswick, it’d be good for you to compare the 2022 Land Rover Discovery vs. 2021 Ford Explorer. Land Rover Princeton has already done the legwork for you and made this comparison between the Land Rover Discovery vs. Ford Explorer. Just keep reading to find out more, and contact us if you have any questions.
Discovery or Explorer: Performance Specs
When comparing base engines of these SUVs, you’ll see that the Discovery outperforms the Explorer in terms of towing capacity while having essentially the same horsepower and torque. If you never want to miss out on taking the camper on that trip out of Mount Laurel, it’d be worth it to opt for the Discovery. You can compare the Discovery or Explorer specs here:
2022 Land Rover Discovery Base Engine: 2.0L P300 i4
- 296 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
- 19 mpg city/22 mpg highway EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy**
- 6,614-pound towing capacity
2021 Ford Explorer Base Engine: 2.3L EcoBoost I-4
- 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque
- 21 mpg city/28 mpg highway EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
- 5,300-pound towing capacity
Discovery or Explorer: Interior
The Discovery and Explorer both come equipped with premium features that you and your passengers need for your drives around Hopewell like Bluetooth® wireless streaming, SiriusXM® satellite radio, keyless ignition, parking assistance, and folding rear seats. When comparing the Land Rover Discovery vs. Ford Explorer features in greater detail, you’ll see that the Discovery comes with more standard and available features such as:
- Adaptive Cruise Control — Optional on Land Rover Discovery base trim / Not available for the Ford Explorer
- Heated Seats — Optional on Land Rover Discovery base trim / Optional only on higher Ford Explorer trims
- Upholstery — Standard leather seats in the Land Rover Discovery / Standard cloth seats in the Ford Explorer
- Navigation — Standard on the Land Rover Discovery / Optional only on higher Ford Explorer trims
- Moonroof — Standard dual-pane fixed glass moonroof on the Land Rover Discovery / Moonroof optional only on higher trims of the Ford Explorer
Land Rover Discovery vs. Ford Explorer Warranties
It’s essential to make sure that you and your investment are well taken care of. That’s why the Land Rover Basic and Drivetrain Warranties cover you for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. With Ford, on the other hand, there’s the 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.
Find Your Land Rover Discovery at Land Rover Princeton!
Want to try a Land Rover Discovery for yourself? Call us at %%di_phone%% and set up a test drive at our Princeton dealership. Make sure to check our new vehicle specials for great deals, and apply for financing online to get started today!
**Price shown is Base Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling charge ($1,050 for Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport, $1,150 for Range Rover Velar, $1,350 for Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Discovery and Defender), tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Total Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price includes destination/handling charge noted above and may include optional equipment but excludes tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing. Retailer price, terms, and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.
**All figures are Manufacturer’s fuel economy estimates. Actual mileage may vary. EPA estimates not available at time of press.