South Brunswick drivers who have leather car seats know just how much the seats enhance the overall look and comfort of the riding experience. While leather seats can switch up the whole feel of your Mount Laurel ride, they do require more care than cloth seats. With Land Rover Princeton by your side, you will learn all about leather seat care, so you can maintain your seats in good condition for many more years to come! In the meantime, contact us if you have any questions.
Instructions on How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Do your leather car seats need to be cleaned? Make your car seats look almost brand new again with the following instructions:
- First, vacuum your seats to remove any dust, dirt, or debris.
- Then, use a pH-neutral cleaning solution to your upholstery. Do not get any liquid cleaner into any perforations.
- Gently clean the leather upholstery with a microfiber cloth and soft-bristled brush.
- Finally, gently apply an approved leather conditioner to your seats with a clean microfiber cloth. Allow the conditioner to dry before buffing in with another clean microfiber cloth. A leather conditioner helps keep your seats supple and avoids cracking.
What Cleaning Products Can I Use?
If you want to just lightly dust your car seats, you should use a colorless, simple damp rag. To wash your Hopewell ride more thoroughly, wipe down the seats with warm water mixed with a bit of soap or a specially made leather cleaner. Your owner’s manual also has suggestions on what cleaning products you can use for your leather seat care. Here are some things that you absolutely should not use on your leather seats:
- Sharp objects that may scratch
- Household cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Dark cloths
Leather Seat Care Tips
Now that you know how to clean your leather car seats, let’s learn more tips that you can use to help you upkeep your car seats!
- Keep a travel bottle of leather cleaning solution and clean microfiber cloths handy in your vehicle, so you can clean your seats in case of any accidents or dust buildup.
- If you have access to a garage, try to park your vehicle in there as often as possible. We know how brutal the weather can get in Mount Laurel, so if your car can avoid these temperatures, your leather can be preserved longer!
- Brutal weather isn’t the only time you need to keep an eye out for. Even on a daily basis, when the sun’s out, you should always try to park in shaded spots to prevent any sun bleaching and damage.
Learn More Car Care Tips from Land Rover Princeton
Want to be in the know for other car care tips? Learn more service tips and tricks from our savvy service team at Land Rover Princeton. We are always happy to spill the secrets, so you can drive in the Princeton area happily in a well-kept car!