How Often To Change My Cabin Air Filter?
We recommend you check your owner’s manual for model-specific service intervals, however, most experts and manufacturers recommend changing your cabin air filter every 15,000 miles. While 15,000 miles is the recommended interval to change your cabin air filter, this can vary based on driving conditions, driving habits, and even the climate you’re in. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our service department at Land Rover Princeton in Princeton for recommendations. Continue reading to take a closer look at what a cabin air filter does and its cost for replacement.
What Does a Cabin Air Filter Do and When Do I Replace It?
You might be wondering, now that I know how often to change the filter? What does my cabin air filter really do? Cabin air filters clean the air that can enter the interior of your vehicle when driving in South Brunswick. Any air that passes through the heating and ventilation system in your vehicle, filters the air through the cabin air filter. As your filter works to keep dirt, dust, and pollen out of your cabin, it can get clogged over time and compromise the interior air quality. Here’s how you’ll know when to change your cabin air filter:
- Air-flow is reduced when the climate control is turned on.
- You can’t get rid of an unpleasant smell inside the cabin.
- There is increased dust in your vehicle.
Cabin Air Filter – Cost for Replacement?
While the amount can vary, the cabin air filter replacement costs anywhere from $30 to $70 and sometimes, even more, depending on your vehicle. Some costs might be covered if you visit an authorized service center while the vehicle is under warranty. If you’re more of a DIY kind of person, you can order parts online from us or view our parts specials and service specials and let our team near Mount Laurel handle the filter replacement for you.
Key Takeaways When Changing Your Cabin Air Filter
- We recommend using your owner’s manual to determine how often to change your cabin air filter and where it might be located.
- If you’re changing the filter on your own, you can typically locate it behind the glove box or under the hood. Depending on the location, it could be more difficult to reach and we’d recommend you schedule a service and we can change the cabin air filter for you.
- Make sure to wear gloves and a mask in case the filter is dirty.
Visit our Service Center near Hopewell Today!
We offer many service tips and tricks and a team of certified technicians that can help you with any DIY project or routine maintenance that you might need. If you still have questions about how often to change your cabin air filter, what your cabin air filter does, or its cost for replacement, visit our Land Rover Princeton service center today, or contact us at your earliest convenience.