When you’re looking at used cars, the physical and mechanical condition aren’t the only details to look at. You also want to consider the mileage. While some experts may still suggest staying away from used Land Rover cars with more than 100,000 miles, that’s not a hard rule to follow. In fact, if a vehicle has been well taken care of and maintained, it can be an excellent purchase. There are important factors to think about when shopping around for used vehicles in the Mount Laurel area, and that includes condition, location, and usage. Learn more in this guide from Land Rover Princeton.
The Smart Way to Shop for Low Mileage Used Cars for Sale
While many shoppers want to know what is good mileage for a used car, there are other things to also look at:
- Usage – A car that’s driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic wears much sooner than one that has 75,000 miles of open highway driving. Always get the previous owner’s driving history before purchasing.
- Location – If you drive in a dry, warm climate, the vehicle undergoes less stress than one that’s being driven in a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Have a certified mechanic inspect the vehicle to ensure there are no issues, such as mechanical problems or rust. If there are issues that will need to be dealt with, add that into your vehicle budget.
- Maintenance – Refer to the vehicle’s maintenance history to ensure it’s been kept up to date on routine services like oil changes and tire rotations. Irregular service history could indicate expensive issues in the future.
Finding a Used Car Based on Mileage
There is no definitive way to answer, “What is good mileage on a used car?” It is also difficult to answer, “What is considered high mileage for a used car?” There’s a lot to consider. However, when wondering what’s good mileage for a used car, consider how much mileage you will get out of the vehicle. If a used car has 50,000 miles and drives safely on the Hopewell streets, then it’s likely a good buy. However, used cars for sale with 100,000 miles can probably last you a solid four years given that it’s in decent condition. Remember, most drivers will do about 12,000 miles per year, so remember that when comparing mileage vs. age.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage could be the better option over choosing one of the available low mileage used cars for sale near Princeton. It’s essential to consider these factors when making your final decision:
- A car that hasn’t been driven regularly often has higher repair costs. Mechanical issues, or problems with rubber seals and gaskets, can still develop even when you don’t drive your vehicle regularly.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferred over a neglected one.
- Low mileage used cars for sale will often cost more.
A certified pre-owned model is another option worth looking into if you want to buy a low mileage, like-new Land Rover vehicle.
Find Used Cars Near Hopewell!
There’s more to think about than what is good mileage for a used car and what is considered highlight mileage for a used car. At Land Rover Princeton, we have an exceptional selection of high-quality used vehicles to check out. Be sure to peruse our used vehicle specials to find unbeatable deals in the South Brunswick area. Have any questions? Feel free to contact us!