|New 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport||Vs.||2021 BMW X5|
|246 hp 2.0L Turbocharged 4-Cylinder||Base Engine||335 hp 3.0L Twin Power Turbo 6-Cylinder|
|Four-wheel drive||Standard Drivetrain||Rear-wheel drive|
|20 MPG combined**||Combined MPG||23 MPG combined|
If you’ve been dreaming of a new luxury SUV and have been trying to decide between a 2021 Discovery Sport or BMW X5, Land Rover Princeton can help. Princeton drivers that compare the 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5 soon understand that, although they’re both incredible vehicles, the Land Rover Discovery Sport is a far better value. Learn more about the Discovery Sport and BMW X5 here, and contact us if you have any questions or want to get behind the wheel of a new X5.
Discovery Sport or BMW X5 Pricing and Trims
If budget is an issue for you, note that there’s no contest when comparing the Land Rover Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5 on price. Choosing a Discovery Sport will save you quite a bit of money! See the pricing details of the 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5 Pricing below:
New 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport
- New 2021 Discovery Sport S: Starting at $41,900 MSRP*
- New 2021 Discovery Sport SE: Starting at $45,350 MSRP*
- New 2021 Discovery Sport R-Dynamic S: Starting at $43,600 MSRP*
- New 2021 Discovery Sport R-Dynamic SE: Starting at $46,950 MSRP*
2021 BMW X5 Pricing
- BMW X5 sDrive40i: Starting at $59,400 MSRP
- BMW X5 xDrive40i: Starting at $61,700 MSRP
When considering the Discovery Sport or BMW X5, the 2021 Discovery Sport not only starts at a lower price, but it offers more trim selections. The 2021 Discovery Sport is the perfect SUV to take your Mount Laurel commute to the next level.
Discovery Sport or BMW X5 Standard Features
You might be thinking that since the Discovery Sport costs significantly less than the BMW X5, it must have fewer standard features. That couldn’t be further from the truth! Both SUVs include:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Lane departure warning
- An auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Daytime running lights
- Illuminated entry
- USB ports
- Proximity keyless entry
Land Rover Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5: Engine Performance
If you’re still trying to decide between the Land Rover Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5 for your drives around Hopewell, take a look at their engines. Although the BMW X5 offers a more powerful base engine, it lags behind the Discovery Sport in some other crucial areas, such as:
- Although the 2021 BMW X5 is available with all-wheel drive, it only comes standard with rear-wheel drive. Every 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport includes 4WD for incredible off-road and on-road performance.
- Both the Discovery Sport and BMW X5 have Hill Descent Control® and Dynamic Stability Control. But, the Land Rover Discovery Sport includes Terrain Response®, which automatically adjusts to a wide range of demanding conditions.
- The maximum BMW X5 wading depth is only 19.68 inches, while the Land Rover Discovery Sport has a wade depth of up to 23.6 inches.
Test Drive a Discovery Sport at Land Rover Princeton Today!
When you’re ready to explore the 2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport in person, contact us at Land Rover Princeton. We are always happy to answer your questions and explain your financing options. Be sure to review our Discovery Sport inventory and our Land Rovernew vehicle special offers.